We view the family as the primary vehicle for ministering to needs of various groups. Therefore we make strengthening the family unit and proclaiming the Word of God our first priorities rather than developing programs for each special group.
Ministries to Adults and Families
- We have Weekly Wednesday evening Bible studies or small groups. They provide the small group in-formality essential to freely discussing questions concerning the Christian life.
- We have a prayer chain of people willing to pray for specific or urgent needs. To start the prayer chain call Pastor Neil Sandford at 563-8120.
- We offer spiritual counsel for anyone wanting Biblical solutions to modern problems. Such counsel focuses on Bible teaching in areas such as salvation, finances, child rearing, marriage, education, and victorious Christian living. Call Pastor Neil (563-8120) if interested.
- We have pick-up menís basketball in our gym Thursday nights from 9-10 PM.
- We host a retreat weekend for women of all ages each spring. If interested contact Sharon Murray at 563-7152.
- We host a yearly Community Christmas Dinner.
- Three times a year (March, May & September) we join with other believers of like faith from all over the United States for instruction, prayer, encouragement and fellowship. For more details contact the pastor for a brochure.
- We support missionary activities through prayer and financial aid. Donations can be put in the offering box in the west vestibule.
- We publish and make available a bimonthly periodical, TIMES OF RESTORATION, as well as weekly Friday e-mails. Contact Timothy Murray (563-7152) for a free subscription to TOR and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Friday e-mail list.
- We operate WFCB-LP radio on 100.3 FM. Tune in for Christian programming anytime.
- We have a library of Christian reading materials and a cassette tape ministry where tapes of the Sunday services and other special events are available upon request.
- We run Fairwood Bible Bookstore, which provides quality Christian materials at discount prices.
Ministries to Children and Youth
- We hold weekly boysí clubs for young boys. Contact Ben Holscher.
- We have youth activities biweekly for youth in junior and senior high school. Contact Dan Murray
- We host a family convention in the summer to strength and encourage Christian family life. This is an enjoyable time for all ages.
- We sponsor youth weekends twice a year for junior- and senior-high young people.
- We are the home of Fairwood Bible Institute, a three year Bible training program attended by students from around the US.
Fairwood Chapel supports the following mission activities: Don and Betty Best with Project Amazon; the CareNet Pregnancy Center of the Monadnock Region; Victoria Abram serving with Christian Freedom International in Thailand; and Bob and Sue Adams operating our prayer center in Israel. Missionary support is donated by church members and is currently set at $300 per month.