We understand that scriptural baptism includes the following:
1) Baptism is immersion Baptizo means to immerse,
(Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12)
2) Baptism requires a believer's intelligent choice after salvation.
(Mark 16:16, John 1:12)
3) Baptism is into Christ and into God's name.
(Matthew 28:19, Galatians 3:27, Acts 19:5)
4) Baptism connects with Christ's transforming power.
(1 Peter 3:21, Acts 22:16, Romans 6:4)
5) Baptism requires a commitment to be a disciple of Jesus.
6) Baptism must be performed by a genuine disciple of Christ who is
committed to teaching all that Christ commanded.
A pastor will do a complete Bible study on the subject of baptism to help the candidate determine whether a previous baptism was based on scripture. This Bible study also shows the candidate's attitude toward God's word and the pastor's authority. Candidates who are genuine believers and have already experienced scriptural baptism are welcomed into full membership in the church.